Thursday, December 3, 2009

So behind and already forgetting what I missed

A few weeks ago Benjamin had a big weekend and hit 3 milestones in 3 days. If only I could remember what they were. I think they may have been these: 1) standing up to things 2) top two teeth came through 3) climbed up the first stair. But he's been doing so many new things lately that they all start to run together and I can't keep up. Other new activities that could be contenders or have at least begun recently include drinking (almond) milk, eating everything under the sun (sometimes food, sometimes no), taking an interest in plugs and cords, throwing toys over the gate into the kitty room (I was washing them but that's getting old and I'm sure they're fine....) and a diminishing interest in morning naps - but he'll have to get over that one because I am absolutely not giving in. I can't believe how much these two boys eat - maybe it's because I didn't grow up with any brothers, but it feels like I'm already feeding teenagers. All I can say is thank goodness for Costco and their reasonably priced chicken nuggets. Other favorites of both boys include spaghetti and meatballs and bananas. Anything and bananas, really. Who knew a 3 year old would match his parents in pizza consumption and still ask for crackers after dinner?

Benjamin has gladly assumed his role as secondary mischief maker in our household. Splashing in the toilet and flipping the switch on the computer power strip are his two favorites right now. Seth remains primary mischief maker, as he is the one who opens the door to the office and bathroom in encouragement of said activities. We don't see much of the cat these days until after 8 pm.

1 comment:

  1. I'm suspecting that these boys are going to take Mom and Dad down for the count at an early age.....face it, you don't stand a chance...and for that matter, anything or anyone else that stands in their way....I see cooperation in those eyes for the common good...that said, what's not to love.

    ReplyDelete