Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lucky Genes

Seth is starting to enjoy finger painting more. He doesn't mind at all being messy in other situations but for some reason he's more hesitant in mother-approved activities. This particular masterpiece also documents for posterity that Seth has inherited great Grandpa Dude's famous "Thiele hands." I just knew I hadn't been lugging around manhands for 30 years for no good reason. And now those genes have finally found a resting place in one that will actually someday be a man. The circle is complete and a mother's duty done. Someday these babies will be smashing crackers with the best of 'em.

It doesn't look like Benjamin was a fellow recipient of Thiele hands, but at two and a half months he's already surpassed my abilities in at least one area. He must have inherited his tongue rolling skills from his daddy. If I remember my highschool science correctly (and I don't) the boys still have a 50/50 chance for winking. It seems like I should have brought more talents into this gene pool....




No comments:

Post a Comment