This was our second try at getting 2 month portraits of Benjamin. The first day we went to the studio right after a blood draw and he wasn't very smiley at all because we had to wake him up out of a deep sleep. So I rescheduled a few days later at what I thought would be a good time, but my expert planning was foiled and we had to wake him up again. There was no way I was going for a third try, so we ended up settling for "not terrible" and hopefully in his 4 month pictures he won't be glaring at everyone.
While we were up in WA visiting family last week, the boys' uncle Eric was practicing techniques with his new camera. This is one of the portraits of Seth that I thought really captured the essence of a two and a half year old. When you go to a studio your options are limited to taking super nifty outfits or a favorite toy, but when you get an in-home personal photographer things really open up.

I am thinking that this could be a Vermeer painting titled 'Boy with a crummy face'.
ReplyDelete