Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"For I am not ashamed..."

I was so excited to receive my birthday present in the mail yesterday. Not my iPod touch - we picked that up last weekend. No, my custom library stamp! Yes, I am a literary nerd and, no, I am not ashamed. Did I need a custom library stamp? (That was a rhetorical question, by the way - everyone should have the need for a custom library stamp.) In case you aren't convinced, here is documentation of the children's section of the LeBret Library. It's not hard to see the progression from buying stacks of books to wanting a customized stamp, is it?

I also gathered up most of the boys' board books from the far reaches of the Earth and took a picture. Some of them look like they're not long for this world so at least now we'll have the picture to remember them by. Any guesses as to which are Seth's and which are Benjamin's?
Since I didn't want to see all the picture books end up looking like Seth's board books, I set up shop with some library supplies. I needed to cover a couple new books anyway, so I took the opportunity to take a picture. Any of you fine folks who haven't had the privelege and pleasure to work in a library and touch books all day long will now know what I'm talking about. Doesn't that look like fun? Joel thought it looked like money frantically escaping the pocketbook, but at least now we won't have to rebuy picture books with each child like we do board books.

And now you know how much we like books in the LeBret household. And you also know that if you send any at Christmas, they'll be well looked after. (Notice how subtle I can be.) Seriously though, Seth loves his books. We've had to rotate them like toys - after about the 20th time in one week Joel and I begin to look for good hiding spots for his new favorite. But there have been a few titles that stood up to months of continuous reading without getting old. So, if you're looking for recommendations my expertise is at your disposal. Or if you want to know where I find the good ones for 50% off or more, just send me an email and your personal literary advisor will pass on all her tips for building a home children's library, in quality and quantity. Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. This is the child who didn't want to be like her mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a custom library stamp and a free personal literary advisor!

    ReplyDelete