Benjamin hasn't been spending too much time on his tummy so far because it's a rather perilous position. Without close supervision he becomes a climbing apparatus for his older brother, complete with swaying motion and sound effects. Usually we put Benjamin in his jumper where he gets to exercise with the added benefit of a toy tray/Seth-guard. But I've been informed that good mothers make their children have tummy time, so this week I've made more of an effort to play with the boys on the floor. Sometimes it seems like Seth is disappointed in his new playmate, or maybe it's disappointment in the level of supervision while playing with him. What good is it to have a younger brother if you can't dig in his bellybutton, push on his eyeballs and lay on top of him? It's hardly worth having a little brother at all.
He doesn't seem to mind so much as I thought. Perhaps it is good if he is getting attention at the same time and not left alone so he can't see anybody. Can't wait to see you again next week!
ReplyDelete