Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Catching Up

Since it's been almost two weeks since my last post, I thought I'd catch up on what the kids have been doing. Seth was such an involved helper with planting the garden that I decided I needed to build covers for our raised beds. So I made box frames with bird netting, which will keep out the birds, cats (we have about 20 on our street), and little Seths. We'll have to find another place for him to be a boy and dig in the dirt. When it gets hot we go inside, so Seth has also been busy at the kitchen table. His watercolors usually lean toward a gray color scheme. This time he painted so hard that we lost a few color chips out of the tray. Why is this child always in pajamas?

Benjamin gets bigger every day. He loves it when Seth helps him bounce in his jumper, which of course encourages Seth to do it even harder. We usually have to put an end to it at some point before Benjamin ends up with whiplash or pinched fingers. He isn't very content to lay down or just sit anymore. He likes to be upright and as mobile as possible, so he can see everything that's going on and jump to his heart's content. In fact, it's hard to get a good picture these days because he's either crying to get into his jumper or jumping so fast the pictures are blurry.


He's also found his thumb more over the past few weeks, but hasn't completely turned into a thumb sucker. Seth went through a phase like this too, but eventually switched to chewing up everything in the house like a little puppy until he was two and a half. We love our boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment