Our Montessori materials arrived several weeks ago but with the demands of camping and company and a trip up to WA I wasn't able to savor the enjoyment of opening all the boxes and checking everything out. 20+ boxes were left on our doorstep, which have now been repackaged into 7 large tubs in the laundry room and a stack of boxes in the garage. Luckily nothing had to be returned and we're just waiting on a few backorders. In between upsets of the daily routine we've introduced the work rug, the knobbed cylinders (which is what he's working with in the picture), pink cubes, brown prisms and the second color tablet box. It's taken a couple weeks of repeated presentations and reminders, but he is really getting the hang of it now and is showing greater interest in and respect for the materials. I've also been working on making some of my own activities, but I'll post about that later. I hope to start a separate blog that concentrates on the Montessori aspect of our lives sometime in September.
And if you wonder why Seth is in underwear in all of his pictures, we're still working on the potty training thing as well as dressing himself. Hopefully when our daily routine isn't upset every other day (beginning next week) we'll see more substantial progress in that area. What can I say....I'm a dreamer.
No comments:
Post a Comment