This morning we left town for a family nature adventure. One reason is that I wanted to collect pine cones for fall and christmas crafts and I didn't think about it while we were camping. And since we live in the desert we had to head for the hills and find some trees. So we drove about 45 minutes and stopped at a recreation area just past Idaho City. We took the stroller down the trail a ways so that Seth could play in the creek (throw rocks) while I went hunting for pine and fir cones. After I'd filled a couple bags and Seth said goodbye to the snake in the creek, we headed back to the tables for a picnic. All was fun and games until Benjamin got stung by a bee on the cheek. It doesn't seem to be bothering him too badly and didn't swell very much, so he must not be allergic. Seth hasn't gotten stung yet, as far as we know. Not sure why since he insists on running around barefoot and tries to interact with the bees using sticks and rocks. I don't think they like that game, but until they sting him he probably won't figure that out.

No comments:
Post a Comment